The meaning of injection mold protection: it is artificially set during the production process to protect the mold and prevent the mold from being damaged due to congenital causes and pressing foreign objects. The behavior of mold protection: When setting the mold low pressure protection, to understand where the protection from? Of course, it is protected by low pressure, that is, it will alarm when a foreign body is pressed and will not damage the mold.
The detail methods to set low-pressure mold protection are as follows:
1. Know what part of the mold should be protected first? Such as neutron, core pulling, inserting, sliding block, oblique pin, mold core, thimble and so on.
2. Then decide the distance to be set for the low-pressure protection, so that the parts to be protected must contact each other within the distance of the low-pressure protection you set, so that the low-pressure protection will be set Within the scope of machine monitoring.
For example, the contact position of the movable mold and the fixed mold is at 30mm during the mold clamping process. According to the dangerous situation, we set the low-pressure protection position at 32mm, so that when the mold is closed to 32mm, it will start to enter the low-pressure protection position. Be under effective surveillance.
3. Determine the speed of mold clamping. This speed is also a relatively important parameter. It should not be too fast, but it is adequate. Too fast will produce a certain amount of inertia. The speed of this segment is better to be slow, generally not more than 15%, and the speed is determined later. , Don’t change it randomly.
4. The pressure setting is more important. It is better to make the mold just fit into the parting surface touchof the mold with the minimum pressure, reduce the minimum unit (for example, 1 pressure unit) and the mold will not fit the parting surface touch, use this pressure as the minimum pressure for low-pressure protection (it can be done as long as you put a piece of paper in to make the machine alarm).
5. Taking parting surface touching as the new standard, add 0.1~0.3mm to this position as the high-pressure clamping position. This 0.1~0.3mm (recommended value) is to compensate for the thermal expansion and contraction of the mold material. Of course, this compensation position can be set smaller, too small may cause frequent low-voltage protection alarms.
Note: This setting may be at the expense of cycle time. Colleagues can set it according to the specific situation, but the above can be used as a general principle. At the same time of setting, pay attention to the mold temperature must be stable, especially the thermal expansion of the high mold temperature mold, which may produce temperature differences and affect the setting. After the low-pressure protection is set, changing the speed of the low-pressure protection at will may cause the set low-pressure protection pressure to be too high, which is the result of inertia.