the heating barrel is one of the main parts of injection molding machine,regular cleaning and inspection is very important to the lifetime of the machine.
Clean the heating barrel
- Remove the resin sticking on to the surface of the heating barrel with brass brush;
- Wrap the end of wood bar or bamboo with waste cotton cloth to clean the inside surface of the barrel (the cloth should be replaced several times during the cleaning process);
- Clean the barrel head and nozzle at the same time, especially the contacting surfaces of these components.
- After the temperature of the heating barrel drops to 30 – 50℃, clean the inside surface of the barrel with some waste cotton cloth wetted by solvent according to the method recommended in above Article 2.
- Check the inside surface of the barrel to keep it clean as shown in the following figure.
Inspect the heating barrel of injection molding machine
Check the heating barrel body to see if there is any scratch or any other damage on its internal surface
Installation of screw and heating barrel
1) Installation of screw head
Step 1: flatly lay the screw on two equal height wood blocks as shown in Fig. 3.7.5, and place the operation handle on the keyway;
Step 2: evenly coat the screw thread of the screw head with lubricating grease of molybdenum disulfide or silicone oil;
Step 3: put the clean non-return ring, thrust ring and mixing ring (some machines are not equipped with mixing ring) onto the screw head in sequence;
Step 4: set the screw head with a special wrench for the head, turn the head inversely as shown in Fig. 3.7.5 to mount the plasticizing component;
2) Installation of barrel head and nozzle
Step 1: lift the plasticizing component with a crane flatly, and then thoroughly clean it ;
Step 2: slowly push the plasticizing component into the heat barrel, and leave the screw head outwards;
Step 3: align the light hole for bolt on the material barrel head with the screw hole on the material barrel, let them hole against hole and face to face, then knock slight with copper bar to make them close together;
Step 4: mount the bolt of the barrel head according to the attention requirements for tightening the bolt of the barrel head given in (1) – (5) of clause 3.7 and the figure;
Step 5: evenly coat the screw thread of the nozzle with lubricating grease of molybdenum disulfide or silicone oil;
Step 6: screw the nozzle uniformly into the screw hole of the barrel head to make the contact surfaces closely attached.
Recommended torque value for screwing down bolt:
|Nominal diameter of bolt with strength grade12.9(mm)．
|Screwing down torque (N．M)